Quality and Productivity have been the basis for expanding the activities in the Camaçari Industrial Complex. Its economic value can be measured by the magnitude of the following numbers:
- Overall investment of US$ 12 billion.
- New Investments (up to 2011): US$ 4.3 billion.
- Installed capacity of over 11.5 million tons/year for primary, intermediate and final chemical and petrochemical products.
- Installed capacity of 220,000 tons/year of electrolytic copper in the copper metallurgy industry, and 250,000 vehicles/year in the automobile industry.
- Exports: US$ 2.3 billion/year, equivalent to 35% of Bahia´s total exports.
- Total sales : US$ 15 billion/year.
- Contribution in ICMS (Bahia State Value Added Tax): US$ 500 million/year.
- Responsible for more than 90% of tax revenues for the municipality of Camaçari.
- Jobs: 30,000 (i.e., 15,000 direct employees and 20,000 contractor employees).
Comitê de Fomento Industrial de Camaçari - COFIC
Rod. BA 512, Km 1,5 - Fazenda Olhos D'Água - Camaçari-BA. - Cep. 42810-440
Fone: (71) 3634-3400 - Fax: (71) 3634-3406
© 2009 Cofic - Todos os direitos reservados